Monday, February 20, 2006

Friday Bonanza

Friday night was a very hectic and interesting night for me. First off, Doths, Axel and I went to MCS to practice our bowling skills for our upcoming sportsfest. Stayed there until 9pm I think, had a lousy game. Mommy Butch will kill me if she saw how I played that night. hehehe

Anyway, when I was about to bring Doths and Axel to Ayala where they will take their ride home, I was stopped by a "crooked" cop for making a "VALID" U-turn in an intersection, I said "crooked" because just by looking at him and the way he walked to my car you can feel that he was about to extort money from me or something. So as courtesy, and besides they have motorcycles, I pulled over to ask what the problem was. So, this "crooked" cop said that I made a U-turn on a red light and it was forbidden. Then I told him, "I've passed this road before and I've made a U-turn there hundreds of times and now ur telling me it's forbidden?!" Of course, I told all this in a mild mannered voice and still with a lot of respect to this "crooked" cop. And you know what he said after I said that, he said, "When there are no cops around, you can make U-turns, but if there are cops around, it's forbidden." After he said that, I thought to myself, "What the fuck did he just say?!", "Tarantado pala talga to eh, mangongotong lang talga to sa akin." So after telling me all that, he asked for my driver's license, to which I relunctuntly gave. Now here's a funny story, When he got my license, a piece of paper dropped from my license case, it's a list I keep in my license jacket. When I noticed it, I told him, something dropped from my license jacket and told him to pick it up. He said with a commanding voice, "What? Nothing was dropped!" Now I thought to myself, I think he was looking for what looks like money that was dropped to bribe him and when he didn't notice
the look of money he didn't even bother to have a second look at the ground. After exchanging a few more words, he saw the piece of paper and gave it back and he let me go with a warning. Whew!

Doths, Axel and I were discussing that good thing Axel was in the car with us, because if it were just us ladies, then that cop would have gotten a chunk of my money that night. I just really hate kotong cops in my country, I wish they would all go to a place full of kotong cops and just bribe themselves to death.

After that, I decided to go home already since it was already late and thought that my friends in EPhil already left for their gimik. Before my bowling practice, I told the Ephil guys I'd join them later for their gimik, but at the last minute I decided not to join them, must be because of that stupid cop. hehehe

Anyway, as I was nearing my home, I got a text message from Nikks that they were still in the office and was waiting for me to start the gimik! hehehe Feeling guilty about the situation, I decided right then and there to join them in their gimik at Pier One in Buendia. The food and drinks were great. But not greater than the stories exchanged during our drinking session. hehehe Told the guys that next week, we should have a videoke session. They all agreed to it. 'Till next week then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home