Sunday, January 04, 2009

40 Year Old Wedding

Instead of being in Tagaytay with friends, which got cancelled 'coz my friends had gotten sick, my Mama let us all (me, my sister and my cousins) attend a wedding that she was a Ninang of.

A 2nd cousin of mine just got married. He got married with his Highschool batchmate. They are both 40 years old and they were happy at the wedding.

I will never forget the speech of the bride, she said that when they were picking their list of Ninongs and Ninangs, the bride, Bing, wanted this certain person to be a Ninong. But Kuya Lito (our cousin), said to her, No, he cannot be our Ninong because he doesn't have the values that we have.

Whoa! Now that's what I call a very very short list of people. I was proud that my Mama got to be a Ninang at their wedding. It's not because they would give a very extravagant material gift for the couple, but a gift of what being a Ninang really is. In these times, we tend to forget the real meaning or responsibility of being a Ninong or Ninang at weddings or even at baptisms.

I'm glad I attended this wedding, it gave me hope that even at that age, Mr. Right will still come and there are still people who value good values.

Though one incident badly reminded me of my beautiful age, a cousin of mine was introducing his daughter to us and this lady was already 14 years old! My God! She was making "mano" to all of us at the table. Hayz...

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 12, 2009 3:59:00 PM, Blogger candylicious said...

oo naman mare, if we are really looking for a lifetime partner... kahit siguro hanggang mag 60 years old pa tayo... we would still have a chance...

but if we are hoping to have kids of our own... and have a "complete" family.. we have to be aware of the time...

haaayy... kailangan ba talagang mamili? can't we have both? a lifetime partner and kids to take care of? :(

 
At Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:13:00 AM, Blogger JHIEISMS said...

... at pakidagdag ang career ha.

hirap n0h?! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home