Thursday, April 06, 2006

Whew! That was a close one

OCS Sportsfest 2006

I had the most nerve-wracking, most challenging and most pressured badminton game last night. It was the finals in our company's sportsfest. Even if this was not even for the championship yet but a seat for 1st or 2nd place games, it felt like the championship match. We played against the team that beat us the last time. So both teams have pressure on their side because they need to beat us again and we need a comeback win from our last meeting. Also, the team of Alex and Ariel are the unbeatable team and my team was favored to win 1st place since the start of this sportsfest. So pressure was on for both teams. The guys kept on intimidating me in a funny matter since I was the only girl on the match. But one joke irked me the most. Although I know it was only a joke and this is a friendly game, but still if they said this to you that this is a man's game and no woman can match up the game play on all the players involved in this match, you will really get irked. Plus, since they are the unbeatable team, everyone kept saying easily that they're gonna win hands down now. I thought about that too actually, they really are a strong team and have beaten us before, but my teammate, Jeremie and I, are a wise team. We adjusted our strategies during play on what kept on working. Hehehe Well, of course that's my opinion. So in short, we won the game in a very close two set match (15-11; 15-14).

After the game, the other team was a wee bit mad pala, because according to them, there was a call wherein the shuttle was "allegedly out" but was called "in" and that call made them lose their concentration on the game daw. I didn't know they had sentiments like this and I thought when the match ended, we won fair and square. Well, at first, I thought that we didn't deserve to win that game because they are insinuating that we only won because we "cheated" on that call or the game was not played fair and I felt bad about that allegation. But after a few more thoughts... hehehe I came to a conclusion that they or he shouldn't have gotten themselves affected off that call. Why didn't they protest it further during the game if it was really "out"? They could've requested a "Let" or talked about just replaying the serve. Oh well, I would've had the same reaction as they did also since it really was a very, very close matched game. But still, you win some you lose some and sometimes you're on the other side of the coin. So, all I can say is, it's part of the game (like the games I've played with Joey, Mommy Weng and Doths before hehehe there were lots of times I got irked by outside calls that I thought it was "in" and that ruined my concentration hehehe A LOT!). I've seen lots of tennis and badminton matches having scenarios like this one and it's all part of the game, bad nga lang kung kaw yung naging dehado. I guess the next rematch would be on the next sportsfest na lang, i.e. if we're all still here by that time. teehee One good feeling was definitely felt last night, we gave the crowd an unforgettable, fun and exciting match.

Jeremie and Me (Bawal humirit ha!)

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger weng said...

Hihirit ako!!!! May asawa na ba yan? Gamitan mo na ng white light! Collective consciousness...I-pag nobena na natin. Tabel!!! This should be LOVE...Congrats my Tabel Cutie cute cute. You've gone a long way, champ! Ang poging talaga. Hahaha...Love and miss you.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger tabel said...

hehehe sabi ko na nga ba't di ka makakatitiis at hihirit ka talga eh. hehehe cute mo talga! kasing cute ng hirit mo! hehehe

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger yats said...

hinde pdeng nde humirit! mukhang masaya ka naman sa piling nya ah =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home