Thursday, February 23, 2006

My RAGE brings out the WORST in me AGAIN!

Last night, while we were going to Badminton Extreme together with my officemates, we almost had an accident with a stupid driver. If I hadn't stepped on the brakes at the right time, I didn't want to think what might've happened. The driver of this old mini-truck, with no headlights, no brakelights and taking two lanes on the raod suddenly hit the brakes with me closely following behind him. I was following closely because I was getting ready to overtake this guy, but suddenly he stopped at the middle of the street and so I stepped on the brakes instantly. Out of sheer anger, I honked my horn so long and loudly because of what this moron did. While overtaking this guy, he glanced like a madman at me for honking my horn like that at him and when I was already in front of him. I noticed that he wanted to follow me and maybe get revenge for honking at him. Good thing there was a big truck behind me, so he didn't get to follow me closely and get his revenge at me. Although I was pissed off already at this moron because of his driving skills and his old "not supposed to be in the road" mini-truck, I tried to control my upcoming road rage.

However, when we were about to turn at Badminton Extreme, this moron caught up with my car and stopped at my side of the car and started talking nonsense (with curses pa ata I think) at me. I think he was pissed off because a lady driver (that's me) honked at a moronic driver on the road. I said nonsense because I didn't roll down my window to listen to his F* nonsense, so after seeing this moron's angry face and talking non-stop nonsense, I really couldn't help myself, and so much to my regret, I retaliated. Hay... I know I should've known better than to retaliate to a person with so much anger in him also, but I just couldn't help myself. I showed the guy the "finger". After doing that, a friend of mine in the car, reminded me to stop what I'm doing and just not mind him anymore and just go inside the place already. After thinking of what I just did, I felt humiliated because it was not a good example and I acted on my rage again without thinking of the consequences of doing that. Hay... Good thing I didn't have a game that night or my mind would be on something else. Good thing also was the guy didn't follow me inside the place anymore or maybe even waited for me outside the place to do something bad to me. Thank God for that! Whew! Take a deep breath!

This is one thing I hate about driving here, there are a lot of inconsiderate drivers around, which sometimes I'm also guilty of doing. No excuses there, but no excuse also to the drivers who are inconsiderate EVERYDAY! Imagine that! I guess last night was another lesson about PATIENCE for me. I've been wondering for quite some time now why I've been learning a lot about PATIENCE in my life and in other people's life. I guess it's another way of God telling me that I should not get angry too easily anymore and more importantly, I still need more PATIENCE and more.. and more.. and more.. and a lot more PATIENCE.

Oh yeah, one bad and sad thing happened, none of my teammates in the BLUE team won. :-( Bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home