Friday, November 02, 2007

OCS Sportsfest 2007 --- Yellow Team Champions!

Go go Yellow Go Go Go Yellow GO! We're number 1!


We just had our Sportsfest in my company. I nudged my friends who were organizers of the event to include me in the most fun group or team. I wanna have fun on this event no whiny, no excusers, no too busy to join members whatsoever. hehe I got my wish.


The fun and classy Yellow Team


The Yellow Team was the most fun, sporty and cooperative team of all. With a combination of people like that, we got the championship trophy of course! Woohoo!!! Kudos to the Red Team though, they were our closest rival, for without them we wouldn't have pushed ourselves to perfection. So to the Red Team (which btw is composed of half of my office team -- IST) thanks for the motivation.

Is this creature beside me part of the Red Team???


The funny thing about this sportsfest was that it was only in our team, IST, that the games were THAT serious, as in trash talking, wish they lose and put other people down kind of way. In IST, it was literally WAR! hehe And this was what actually made it more fun and exciting. It was like the IST Red Team VS. the other half of IST which were distributed to other teams. We're 14 in IST, so 7 people were in the Red Team and the the rest were: 4 in the Yellow Team (my team!!!), 2 in the Green Team and 1 in the Blue Team.

Si Malakas at si Maganda! Pasaway nga lang...


Of course, when it comes to cat calls and sweet insults I stepped up a bit. hehe Angie lost her concentration during the Bowling games because of me and others also, good thing they didn't ban me after that. bwahahahahhaha


Alex, Grace and Rosa with the obvious Pasaway

Though I think I had my karma for stepping up on that "sweet insults" thingy, on the first day of our sportsfest I sprained my ankle really bad during a very serious badminton game with the Red Team. To add insult to injury, a player of the Red Team told me that maybe I didn't do my warm up exercises that's why I landed badly on that smash. This made me sooo mad because I always do my warm up exercises before playing. So i decided to still play my ankle after a little injury timeout. Maybe it was the adrenaline that was pushing me to play and get back at that comment and prove that person wrong, it payed off anyway because we won all our games after that and became champions. Woohoo!

Although, the day after, my ankle hurt so bad, I had to bring myself to the ER. huhuhu The doctor's advise was to rest my ankle from 4-6 weeks!!! huhuhu I can't play badminton during Wednesdays. Wah!!! Of course I didn't follow this, I still play during Wednesdays but only light playing. hihihi Also, I didn't get to play Bowling with the team, but don't worry I contributed to the team by cheering them on and jeering the other teams. hehehe

Anyway, back to our Sportsfest, the different categories in determining the champions were:
1 - Best Muse (The Red Team won because one of the judges belonged to the Red team hehe)


Eto dapat ang mga muse... Panalo!


2 - Best Cheer (The Red Team also won still because of that judge and also, 'coz the other judge was the wife of our team member but they were in a fight so she didn't let us win hehe)


Me: Guys, masarap ba ang hamburger ni Zarah?? Sagot: OO!!!


3 - Dodge Ball (The Red Team won because it was very chaotic and we all think they were a little unfair in playing hehe peace!)

Anak ng tipaklong! Di ko natamaan yung naka-red na yun ah!


4 - Badminton (Mixed Doubles) in 8 levels (The Yellow Team won in 5 levels and was the overall champion; hands down better than all hahaha)


with my mixed doubles partner Alex,
after hitting my back with a shuttlecock


5 - Bowling in 2 levels (The Yellow team won in Level A; The Blue team won in Level B)


Iisa lang ang official bowling player sa pic na to. Guess who?


6 - Badminton (Men's and Women's Doubles) in 4 levels each (The Yellow Team won in 4 levels and still the overall champion)


with my Women's Doubles Partner in Crime, Anna,
galeng-galeng nyan! hehehe


It was a fun Sportsfest. Looking forward to next year's.. i.e. if i'm still in OCS. wink*wink* joke!!!

We're the Yellow Team. The BEST team. Let's go Yellow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home