Friday, May 19, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

I watched this movie on it's first day where the crowd in the moviehouse were yuppies, amigas, fil-am teenagers and curious people thinking what's the fuss on this movie. Only a few movies come to mind that deserve a peek on it's first day and this has to be one of them. I tell ya, the movie is more fiction than the book. That's that. Now, I don't really understand what's the fuss about. The book is more believable than this movie and Ron Howard did a great job in entertaining his audience. There was even a scene where Tom said that what matters most is what you believe in.

While watching the movie though I can't help but laugh a little in every scene where Tom Hanks had his "thinking look." hehehe A little trivia for you, Ron Howard, selected Tom Hanks to play the main character because Tom has a very fascinating look whenever he is thinking on-screen. It's like Tom will make you think also. That's why on every scene in the movie that Tom has this "thinking" look, (which is several by the way) I ponder also. So watch for it. hihihi

Audrey Tatou was quite ok, although there was no chemistry between her and Tom Hanks in the movie. I feel like she's starstruck with him. Her accent and reverse driving was a major plus on her though. Alfred Molina was Doc Oc to me all throughout the movie. It's really hard to picture another character on this person when he has played a very distinct role on a blockbuster movie. Just like Jim Caviezel, he will forever be Jesus Christ to me in the movies. Paul Bettany is really a great actor. He really transforms to the character he plays in every movie he's in. I love him! Of course as usual, a great performance by Sir Ian Mckellan, who'd think that we'll be seeing him again next week for X-men III: The Last Stand. He's done a whole lotta blockbuster movies at his age. Lastly, Tom Hanks, he did justice to Robert Langdon, although I still liked Langdon's character in the book. A history buff at heart, flirting with the ladies and ruggedly handsome. But if it would be my choice on who will play Langdon in the movie, I'd choose Daniel Day Lewis.

I hope they do Angels and Demons next, that's another controversy for sure. But no matter what, my faith is still intact and that's what I will believe in forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home