Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Christmas List 2007

I officially started shopping for Christmas gifts today. I didn't plan it or anything, it was just a spur of the moment thingy.

Bored out of my wits in this long holiday break, I asked my Mom to come with me to the mall and just hangout. We went to SM Megamall for a change of vicinity, and besides, my Mom's been asking me to take her there for weeks now because she wants to check out the exhibits, if any, at the Megatrade Halls.

To our surprise at Megatrade Hall 1 was a Toy Kingdom Sale (up to 70% off and exclusive to SM Advantage holders on the first day). At first I was hesitant to come in because first, I don't have enough money yet to buy toys for the ones in my List and two I don't have enough will power to say "No" to toys, especially the ones that I like. But my Mom wanted to check it out, so in we went.

There were a LOT of toys and they were really on sale because some of the toys there I've bought already as gifts and now they were selling it cheaply! Jeez...

Anyway, we started looking around for toys at around 10:30 AM and there were already a lot of people with carts and even boxes that were already full of toys! It's like the end of the world for toys and people are buying them by the bulk.

A cool thing too was I saw an old friend of mine, Sands and her sister, shopping for toys too! They too were starting on their Christmas List, the difference was, they knew about this sale way ahead of me and they're ready to spend big money! hihihi Sands and I were both eyeing the Nintendo Wii because it was on sale too but it was still way too expensive for our budget so we just sighed upon seeing it. BTW, Sands and I have the same agenda on why we want to have a Nintendo Wii. Any guesses? hihihi

But the things is, I don't like shopping in too crowded places that much that I finished getting toys around 11:00 AM and headed for the end of the line to the cashier and just wait for my mother to finish her shopping.

When I saw the line, I thought to myself my patience is really going to be tested now. The line was so long it reached way over the entrance of the Hall and up to the escalator outside. The staff had to do something about the line because people can just run off with the toys without paying for them, it was that easy. The dumb person/people who thought of only placing 3 cashiers at a Toy Kingdom sale should be put to death. I mean c'mon people, toys.. on sale.. with the xmas holidays coming up.. think people! THINK!

After lining up for 3 hours, yes, I left the damn place at 2:00PM, I was proud of myself. I didn't blew my top for waiting that long and I didn't argue with the staff nor got angry at people bumping me on all sides. I didn't! I just didn't! It was an achievement from me and I'm hella proud of it. Ok, maybe I had a thought in my mind that I keep on replaying that helped a lot in not losing it. Try repeating these lines on your head for 3 hours, it might help a tad bit: "These are for the kids and it's cheap. Think of the money you'll save. For the kids. The money you'll save."

So you kids better behave 'till Christmas or else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home