Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A new baby in our clan

Last night, my cousin gave birth to a healthy baby boy! 6 lbs 2 ounces at 21:57 PM, February 28, 2006. I dunno the height of the baby yet, but by the looks of the baby, he was long. Just like his mother, I think he's gonna grow up to be tall. When my sister texted me that if I can go home early 'coz my cousin was having frequent painful contractions for the whole day, I was ecstatic and had to cancel my previous schedule with a friend. hehehe (Sorry po talga!) I immediately rushed home and asked if everything was ready already. My sister and my other cousin, Ate Liza, was there to assist the mother to be. Funny thing was me, my sister and Ate Liza was in a frenzy and sorta in a panic stage of the things that need to be brought to the hospital, while the mother to be was just in a calm mood, taking her time in taking a shower before we go and she even had the time to iron the clothes she will wear to the hospital.

After everything was ready, off to the hospital we go. When we were in the Emergency Room to be IE'd (up to now, I dunno what this term means), we kept on seeing the face of my cousin that was in excruciating pain that we also couldn't help but make the face she's doing also. hehehe If a camera was there, that would have been a very funny picture. After a few minutes, the resident ER doctor said that she was only 3-4 cm but her belly was so low already that the cm measurement doesn't matter and that she's gonna give birth in a few hours. So they called my cousin's OB and off she went to the Labor Room of the hospital.

The Labor Room was off-limits, we couldn't get inside. We would just knock every now and then and ask if she was giving birth already. hehehe I guess the nurses there were getting a little impatient that we kept on bothering the mother to be, but I guess they still welcomed the happy and exciting presence in the surroundings. When my other cousins arrived and brought food reinforcement for the three of us, we became a noisy bunch of people. hehehe Excited and happy that the baby will be arriving soon. We've been waiting outside the Labor Room for about 3 hours now, so we decided to go up the room for a few minutes and eat something. We didn't notice the time and got side-tracked in watching the Pinoy Big Brother show when suddenly a call came that Ate Haidee, my cousin, already gave birth!!! We all rushed downstairs to see the baby immediately. Good thing there were only a few people in the hospital or else we would've strucked panic around because all of us started to run down to the nursery as fast as we can. hehehe

When we got there and still in a frenzy, we were 7 all-in-all in the hospital to welcome the newborn, people were staring at us and maybe asking what the hell is going on?! hehehehe The doctor opened the blinds in the nursery and brought the baby near the window. The doctor was even surprised because there were a lot of faces waiting by the window to see the baby when she opened the blinds. The baby opened his eyes immediately when he was brought near the window and we took pictures non-stop. He must have been surprised by all the flashes of light coming to him, and started to cry a little bit and maybe thought, "One tunnel of light is enough for me please my Titas. Let me rest for a bit, I'll see you tomorrow."

Now, we're still deciding the name of the baby, at first we thought of Gabriel Alexander, but the name of the deceitful father was pretty close to that name and we didn't want a reminder of that in the baby. hihihi So other names came to mind, like: Vincent Marco, Vincent Yuan, Vincent Juwan, Gavin Sebastian, Antonio Andres, Procopio Rodolfo, Ambrosito Rebecca etc.. hehehe It's still open for debate as the name is of great importance in the growth of a child, all the teasing and the name-calling in school, in playmates and even among the titas and titos. hehehe wink! wink! Another factor is also explaining the history of his name when he asks us one day when he's all grown up. So for now, he's still called Baby Boy Corrales born with so much love and care in this world. Welcome to this wonderful and wacky clan of ours! So, do you have any name suggestions?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:26:00 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Congratulations on the new baby cousin. My sister-in-law is Phillipino and a family member changed her name a few months after she was born...he said she was Ligaya (Happy). The funny thing is, no one knew it then but that is the PERFECT name for her. She is the happiest person I know and always smiling. I love her!! Good luck in the name choosing process!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home