Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Last Stand

I'm beginning to like my new work schedule lately (06:00 am - 03:00 pm). The only thing that bums me out is the waking up in the weeeee hours of the morning part. One fun thing though is I do get to watch the latest movies in town after work with friends and cousins who are also free. hehehe Like yesterday, I watched another movie on it's first day, X-men III: The Last Stand. The movie was Super-Duper, Uber-Duper, Ultra-Mega-Duper-Duper C-O-O-L!!! This is one of the movies that I'd watch again and again and again and again..unlike the The Da Vinci Code. Bleh!


The latest X-men movie surpasses the previous one which is rare now a days. There was one scene where all the X-men were doing their "Last Stand", I have to confess I got teary-eyed on this scene that I was laughing at myself for feeling that emotion on an action-adventure movie. hehehe It was a great and exciting feeling that I wish there were people like them around in this world of ours. This was how I also felt when I was watching the last episode of the latest season of Justice League the Animated series when Superman was fighting his strongest enemy yet; and on this episode I finally understood why Superman is the greatest superhero of all; and after watching this movie you'll know who the greatest mutant of all. hehehe

On the 2nd installment of X-men, I thought that Charles Xavier was the greatest and strongest mutant of them all. I was wrong..in the first part of the movie I thought it was the kid that has the cure for the mutant gene. I was wrong again, in the middle of the movie, again I thought it was Jean Grey a.k.a. The Phoenix was the most-greatest and most-strongest mutant of all. BUT, that was ALL WRONG..for Wolverine is the mostest-greatest and mostest-strongest mutant of them all!!!!! He is super C-O-O-L!!!! This is why a movie on Wolverine alone should be in the works in the near future.

A great appearance of mutant characters in this movie that pleased me, Beast, Kitty, Archangel, Spike and Juggernaut, although, Nightcrawler's appearance on the 2nd one is still the best. A bummer though is the characters of Rogue, Cyclops and Xavier were underutilized in this movie but that's because there was a purpose for it. Though I think it's an unfair and unequal purpose. SPOILER ALERT!!! **Do not read the next sentences if you don't want to know anything about the movie. But don't worry I'll be vague as possible.** It was unfair and unequal because no class 5 baddies died!!! The baddies were only "cured" of the mutant gene while three goodies died on the movie. The sad part about it is the deaths were caused by one of the good characters and not by a really baddie one. =(

A side note: Watch the Superman Returns trailer, it will blow you away!!! The last scene is jaw-dropping. hehehe Now, I can't wait for it to be shown here and watch it many times, well, twice maybe coz it's quite expensive at the IMAX theater in Mall of Asia, that Donish is suggesting where it'll be great to watch. Can't wait for 06.30.06!

Next movie please...

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 26, 2006 1:13:00 PM, Blogger knottydon said...

patay tayo kay nikks... dapat panoorin natin ulit with her ;oP

did you get to see the "real" ending? (shown after the credits?)?i didn't get to see it eh. i need to watch this movie again.

looks like you enjoyed it. ako medyo disappointed.

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:44:00 PM, Blogger raz said...

panoorin ko nga to. ok ang sched mo ah? mahirap nga lang kasi maaga gigising pero ang haba ng oras sa hapon para maglakwatsa! may shifting na ba kayo?

 
At Monday, May 29, 2006 1:52:00 PM, Blogger tabel said...

knottydon:
patay talga tayo kay nikks! di ko din nga nakita yung scene after the credits, kaya dapat talga panuorin natin ulit. hehehe

raz: panoorin mo! ang ganda! hehehe ayos talga yung sched ko, kaso for a few weeks lang yun kasi sabay-sabay testing namin dito. after ng testing, back to normal hours na ulit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home