Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Beyonce Experience -- Manila Style



Fate lead me to Beyonce. So Beyonce it is.. and it was worth it. Scheduled plan was to play badminton as usual on a Wednesday, but this day was different 'coz Beyonce was in town. Cands and I have been wanting to watch this concert since the ads came out that Beyonce was going to perform here. But we got dismayed when the other people that would join us backed out. We shelved the plan to go since it's going to be just the two of us who'll go.

our grand entrance


But lo and behold, on that day itself, maybe it was the photos and news that Beyonce was really in town got Cands and I in a panic. We SOOOOO really want to watch the concert as it's a ONCE IN A LIFETIME experience. We decided that we'll leave it to fate, if we can get good seats at the last minute that's within our planned budget and still avail the discount then it's meant to be to go and see it. We got our wish!!! It was like fate was really with us to go and see The Beyonce Experience.

the view of the stage from our seats


When we got our tickets, we couldn't contain our excitement the whole day! I couldn't keep my poker face on, I was giddy and like high on something! We wanted to go to the place right there and then. I couldn't wait for the work day to end, I didn't want to be stuck in traffic and Cands can't wait also.

photo-op after the concert


It was a long drive to The Fort. Traffic and parking was that B-A-D! Cands and I arrived at the concert around 8PM. We hurriedly went to our seats 'coz we don't want to miss Beyonce's grand entrance and the ticket said to be there by 7PM. Good thing everything started late as usual and the weather was cooperating.

formal intro for the beyonce experience


The concert started at 8:28 PM to be exact. Crazy in love was the first song. It was just the usual entrance for Beyonce, no upside-down from a rope entrance. The songs Cands and I wanted to dance to but couldn't because we were standing on the monoblock chairs were Baby Boy and the Destiny's Child medley. Listen from the Dreamgirls soundtrack was also a pleasant sound trip. She didn't sang One Night Only though.

crazy in love entrance of beyonce


The best highlight of the concert for me was the finale. It was an acoustic version of Irreplaceable. I sooo loved the way she sang this song!!! It's my fave song again, too bad I cannot find a version of this on the net.

baby boy song


Beyonce ended the concert at 10:08 PM with a Birthday song. I considered that as a birthday greeting to me!! Woohoo!!! Now that's another highlight of the day for me. Beyonce, singing Happy Birthday to me!! Amazing, how did she know?! hehe I was so surprised! Though after the concert Cands and I wanted more out of it. Bitin kami kumbaga, good thing our seats were definitely worth it.

Finale song -- Irreplaceable (the audience's version)


Finale song -- Irreplecable (Beyonce's Acoustic version) I SOOOOO love this version!!!


a birthday song for me from the diva herself


The only regret I had was I should've brought my own camera. A reminder, if you see in a ticket that you cannot bring cameras, don't mind it!!! Bring a camera!! I was supposed to go home and get my camera to get better pics and videos but when Ritche saw the small print in the ticket and after confirming it to Ticketworld I scrapped the idea. But when Anne told me that small digicams can be brought it was too late to go home and get a digicam but I had to get one immediately!!! So thanks to Angie for the last minute availability of her cam! It's better than having no pics or videos at all.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:06:00 AM, Blogger knottydon said...

super inggit ako at never ko pang napanood si Beyonce ng live. grabe! i'm happy you enjoyed it. sana next time bumalik sya.

sana si Justin Timberlake or Madonna or Maroon 5.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home