Sunday, February 17, 2008

1st Official Badminton Tournament -- Team Prima

For the longest time, I've been wanting to join a tournament in Badminton just to see if I can stand the pressure of an official Badminton game. I remember Doths, Mommy Weng, Joey and I were planning to join one after we were done with our training a couple of years ago. But they got busy with their US relocation that the tournament was totally scrapped off the list.

Now, that we've resumed play in my office, the tournament idea was brought back to life. This is also due to the insistent invite of Anna to play in a tournament, we finally had the guts to join one.

We've been playing at Powersmash for almost a year now and we saw a poster of a tournament that will have its leveling on the same place also. This is it! It's now or never, we have to join na!

Today was the leveling of players, wherein, a certified Badminton trainer/official (I think..) will see you play and will determine the level you will play in.

I almost didn't want to go today, I get intimidated easily especially if we are small in numbers. It was only Anna and I who joined this tournament and not knowing what to do and expect is a big No-No for me. When I get into something, I want to know everything -- how it works, what's the whole process, what to do and what to expect. True enough, nerves got into us and the level we got in was quite disappointing. It didn't help us too when we were paired to play with topnotch-Level A+ players that we often see at Powersmash. We literally looked like Beginners of the sport when we played them. Hayz...

We felt defeated after that leveling. We just stayed there for awhile and watched other players get leveled and tried to console ourselves (like: "Wag kasi mag-expect masyado!" tsaka "Bakit ba?! First tournament kaya natin to. Level up na lang next time." tsaka "At least yung makakalaban natin eh ayos lang" tsaka "At least natupad natin yung advise ni Axel na mag-downplay, yun nga lang di sinasadya" hehehe). We played like crap and leaving the court feeling like that was not a good thing. (Di man lang kami pinagpawisan!)

But if Doths and Lod were there, I think we could've mustered enough courage, confidence and added a little fun with it and would've done well at the leveling. (-->Kasi naman eh, ba't wala kayo dun!!! Wah!!!<--)

Oh well, maybe next time -- our goal now is to win in our level --> Level E - Intermediate III. Jonathan, our trainer before, would surely be disappointed if he ever finds out that I'm only playing at this level. Bwahahahahahaha

By the way, Level F is the lowest level in the tournament. Games will start on March 2, 2008. So that's that... Wish us luck, I think we're going to need it.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodluck sis! nood ako ha?

- nikki -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home