Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OCS Kick-off 2006

Day One:

I had my first company outing in my new company last May 26-28, 2006. I guess I'm gonna have a lot of "firsts" here for sure as I am just starting my career here. Anyway, we went to Subic, White Rock Beach Resort. We arrived around 11 am and went directly to our rooms to freshen up. We had a weird lunch because some of the food was half-cook only. Blech!

Anyway, after that, we had our team building activities. My team, the BLUE team, was the target of all the teams because we were the overall champions in our recent sportsfest and they didn't want our team to win again. So, in the activities, we always ended up in last place. Bummer! Well, at least they thought of us as a threat, that we already have enough prizes and just give a chance to others to win na lang. Anyway, we all had fun in those activities, which was the objective and the prizes were just a bonus.

The IST Team with the bosses

After the team building activities and dinner, off to the pool we went! We went there to take pictures and play a little basketball on water with the ladies! hihihi My team won again and now the guys call me baby-shaq. Tina is the Jaworski in the group and Karen is Lebron. hehehe

After the exhausting activities and basketball match, we slept early on that friday night. Too tired to go anywhere and besides, we had no car to go out of the compound, forgot to bring my MagicSing, and there was nothing much to do as all the restos in the resort were already closed by 12am. Bummer! I really wished I brought the poker chips, we would have played all night. I missed my fellow Pokerians here. hehehe

Day Two:

We woke up early and had a breakfast buffet, the food was promising.. pancakes, sausages, fish, omelette, cereals, goto, salad, muffins, cakes and fruits. Had my more than fair share here. I had a BIG breakfast. Then it was the Conference the whole day!!!!! Not much to report here but the presentations of each manager in the company. One cool thing though is that I got an Oberthur umbrella as a prize for asking the first question. hehehe Cool!!! I'm just starting in the company and I already have an umbrella!!!! Unlike.. nevermind... hehehe Now I have an umbrella from the companies that I've worked on. Hhhmmm... maybe I should start a collection... hehehehe Lots of prizes were given away, Oberthur pens (not cheap ones huh!) and hats. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they gave away the prizes of the sportsfest and team building activities too. The GREEN team won overall champion, we were only third place. Bummer! Anyway, I still got 2 commemorative plates and a bonus cash prize for winning in badminton and placing 4th in bowling. Yippee!!!!

The BLUE team

After the conference, which was around 4 pm, we all went to the beach to take some pictures. Our french and brit bosses were asking what will we do now, we told them that we were planning to ride the banana boat and go jetskiing but it was quite expensive. To our surprise, our brit boss said he'll pay for the rent of those two for an hour! Yippee!!! So we all had to line up to take our turns in the banana boat and in the jetski. Even though it was only for a short time as we were many, it was more fun because it was free!!! Doths was shouting at me to stop being "magulo" in the banana boat as I was bouncing on it non-stop. hehehe But it's more fun that way diba?! hehehe In the jetski, I was riding with Ritche, told him to go topspeed as that was more fun in the jetski. Too bad there weren't any big waves like in Bora, we would have gone flying up and down on the jetski.

After the beach, we went to the pool and played mixed basketball again. My team lost this time but only because it was dinner time already and we wanted to eat na. hehehe During dinner, Doths told a scary story that happened in our room!!!! We ended up sleeping in the guys' room 'coz we don't want to sleep in our room that night. C-R-E-E-P-Y-!

After dinner, it was now our time to dance, jive and have fun with the house band. It was open bar so that made it more fun. hehehe Up to midnight, we just danced the night away. One good thing here was, everybody was in the dance floor dancing, even our bosses!! That was F-U-N! We were all perspiring so much after, that we enjoyed the cool breeze of the sea air. Aaaaaahhhh the beach!! I missed the dance moves of the Ephil ladies here though(u know hu u are gals hehehe), no girls were dancing that daring enough on the dance floor with the guys and I was surprised I was a little shy to go all out on the dance floor and I can't figure out why I suddenly held back a little. teehee I wasn't that "makulit" on the dance floor unlike when I'm with friends esp. at Vodka bar. Hhhmmm.. I wonder why... Maybe its because its not yet time to let them see my crazy idiot dances and choreographs that's only reserve to crazy idiots like mwah! mwaahahahahaha If I can only dance as well as my sister, maybe I would've made that dance floor a little more vellicating.. kaso hindi eh, so hanggang palakpak, pitik at jump lang ako sa gilid. hahahahaha Anyway, the guys were dance freaks more than the ladies. A lot of laugh trips there.

The C-O-O-L and Wacky IST Team

After the par-t-e-y, we didn't want to go back to our rooms because of Doths' story, but we were all exhausted and decided to just sleep our imagination off.

Day Three:

Woke up to another breakfast buffet, had my more than fair share again. hehehe Very, very full. After that, some decided to tour around the place and buy some souvenirs, while some just packed their bags and prepared for check-out. We bid White Rock Goodbye and off to Zoobic Adventure we go! Going to the Zoobic Adventure is fun if it's your first time, but if you've been here before, I think it's gonna be quite a bore. We headed home after that. Looking forward to the christmas party now... mwehehehehe

The OCS team now... next year... 100 people na. hehehe

2 Comments:

At Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:06:00 PM, Blogger shaui said...

Kainggit!!!

 
At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger candylicious said...

Ang saya naman ng outing nyo.. sulit na sulit ang trip... panis na panis ung naging outing namin... hehehe.. (i-compare ba?)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home